Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lemon (is an) Essential Oil (for a clean house!)

BUST THAT DUST!



 As Andy and I moved forward with our purchase of our new house there was a lot of paperwork to read over. The house is over 100 years old and the nonprofit we were purchasing our home from did A LOT to get the house up to a livable standard. Part of that was removing any exposed lead and asbestos. When I was given the go ahead to come in and clean prior to closing there was no way I was showing up with a bottle of Lysol. I purchased this house with my family's health in mind, from the high energy efficiency standards to the low allergen levels from the boiler system. 
I have made the majority of my own cleaning supplies for a long time, but I truly missed the "clean" smell of toxic chemicals with added scents, so I was thrilled to receive this Lemon Essential Oil to review and set right out to make This super simple homemade cleaner I had found on Pinterest.
This oil smells fresh and is high enough quality to use on your skin. It is nice as a Wake Me Up morning moisturizer with the energizing citrus scent of the lemon. 
The cleaner worked great on the stainless steel appliances and on the new tile in the bathroom, as well as on the laminate counters. I put some drops of the oil straight on the radiators for a fresh scent that literally RADIATED through the house.
Now if I can only get the kids to take over this cleaning...

****I was given the oil in exchange for my review. All opinions expressed are my true own****

No comments:

Post a Comment